Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Home sick and bored despite the fact I have tons of things I should do.


Let me talk about writing a little bit before I get into how sick I feel.  That way those of you who just want to read a little writing advice can get through that quickly and then skip the last few paragraphs.  I think that's fair enough.

I want to encourage fiction writers and screenwriters to pick up a copy of the free screenwriting software called celtx.  You can google it and find it without much difficulty.  Celtx formats screenplays, plays, and fiction, plus it has a lot of other helpful tools.  It's generally very user friendly and I find it to be very helpful to me and my writing.  I have problems with my novels being too bloated, so one of the things I have attempted to do is write my fiction as screenplays while I am writing them as prose at the same time.  I find that I am getting to the heart of the story when I do this, and I stay away from adding any useless narrative that takes away from the story.  I find it to be very helpful.

With Celtx, you can actually do a storyboard of your story to keep it in focus also.  There are other advantages to the software, but these are some of the ones I have experimented with.  That's Celtx, and it's free.  You can get supplemental things that come with it for a small fee, but the program is fully functional with the ability to print and export files without having the extras.  I use it.  Several years ago, I purchased a copy of Movie Magic Screenwriter, and I love this program also. But had Celtx been available when I purchased Movie Magic, I would have saved myself some money.

The respiratory infection I have battled for a few days has gotten the better of me, and I am home sick.  I hurt from all the coughing I have been doing.  If it doesn't get better today, I will probably stay home tomorrow also.  I do not get sick often so I have many sick days built up.  Common sense tells me it is better to stay home until I get over the worst of it than to go into school and cough over everyone else.  Between the nutrition supplements I received from my chiropractor and the prescription from the doctor, maybe I can get the best of the infection before it gets the best of me.
I will probably rest and sleep for most of the day although I do have to import grades before tomorrow.  Fortunately, our system is online and I can do it from home.

I didn't get to ride my bike last night because I felt really bad.  I slept almost all evening.  I'm getting really sleepy now and I feel as if I might be getting a fever.  I won't complain anymore about the way I feel.  I don't want to be one of those people who gives his whole medical history when someone asks him how he's doing.  I'll get better in the next few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews