Friday, March 23, 2012

T.G.I.F. (almost Saturday)



I have relaxed this evening since I don't get to do it often.  I did write on my screenplay.  I have about 87 pages finished.  I think it's going to come together eventually.  When I finish the draft, I'll have to do some heavy revising, but that goes without saying.  I was reading a writing book the other day, and it said that a screenwriter shouldn't take months and months to finish a screenplay.  It's only 120 pages, so if you averaged just three pages a day, you should be able to get a draft done in less that two months.  I would like to do two screenplays every year.  This writer also said it's a good idea to always have more than one project to work on so that you can avoid writer's block and wasted time if you get blocked on one for very long.  I think I may focus my writing on young adult characters with mental illnesses.

I do have a second screenplay in mind.  It's my dystopian novel called Tongue Tied.  I need to work on it some more.   I have a plan to put one of my screenplays --Dark Woods, I think or perhaps another one on Amazon Kindle singles just to see if anyone would ever read it.  I think it would be a really good idea.  I have the directions.  I just have to do it.

Jean and I ate out tonight at my favorite local place, Baylee Jo's.  Their busy season has started, but the food and service we got tonight was excellent.  We also went to Alco and looked at some things there, but basically we have been lazy.  I like lazy.

If you are ever in the Arcadia Valley, stop at Baylee Jo's and get some barbeque.  Good food, good people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews