Saturday, March 3, 2012

More Stickies



We had a nice party at the home front for Max.  Cake and ice cream, roast beef, and turkey, chips and dip -- lots of junk food.  Of course, I ate too much, but if a person can't cheat on the weekends when can he?

I have the children's sermon tomorrow.  I think I have all of it laid out in my mind.  I just have to find my scripture to go with it.  It's another one of my fairy tales about a bad little girl who learns a valuable lesson about friendship.

I'm going to write on my screenplay tonight.  I'm into it at the moment so I need to keep at it.  I have a writer friend of mine with a critical eye who is going to read the first 30 pages or so for me.  I am doing some significant rewriting in the pages I've completed (about 70 or so) and as a result, I don't know if I can give her 30 good pages or not, but I can do at least 15 to 20.  I'm turning my story around so it isn't quite as negative as it was.

I watched part of the Mizzou game earlier.  They had a commanding lead, but I haven't watched any of it for quite a while.  I'm not much of a basketball fan at all.  I will watch them in the March madness playoffs, but for the most part, that will be it.  I have a little bit more interest in the Blues hockey team.  I don't watch them either, but I imagine I will watch them if they go into the playoffs.  I'm primarily a baseball/football fan.  I'm anxious to see if the Rams can turn their franchise around, and if they can, will they stay in St. Louis.  The Rams rejected the city's first renovation plan for the stadium to make it one of the top tier stadiums in the league.  I think the Rams will move myself, so we should enjoy them for the next two or three years.  I guess I could become a Chief's fan.

As you know, I am also a huge fan of any kind of music just about.  When I want to work, I listen to a series of music developed by psychologist Dr. Jeffery Thompson.  He has several different sets, but I listen frequent to the Creative Mind system.  It is tremendous.  There is something to the adages that music can stir the soul, soothe the savage beast, and if it be the food of love then play on.  It honestly makes me more productive when I listen to it and work.  I'm not sure if it has the psychological benefits the creator claims or if it just eliminates distractions and helps me to focus.  I've not tried his collection for deep sleep and relaxation, but I am tempted.  I know something people think the idea of music having such power is absurd, but I beg to differ.

I bet I could ask any one of you what songs you remember most or for you younger generation, like the most.  The ones you select will have some kind of emotion associated with them.  It's amazing to think about.  Music has been such a big part of my life, and I don't sing or play.  Honestly, I don't know if I could exist without it.

Well, I have a date with a bicycle soon, so I should be going now.  Tomorrow, I'll post another excerpt of Lancelot and the Tides of Time.  It can still be purchased at www.buckscountypublishing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews