Sunday, January 27, 2013

An update

I have nothing important to write about tonight, but I do have some small things that I want to throw out there.  My life isn't all that exciting -- that's why I call this the common joe, don't you know.

The big thing in my life right now is my publishing efforts.  Now, that I have finished Fall of Knight I am searching for an agent first and if this doesn't go well I will try to find a publisher.  The thing is an agent can't get my book in front of publisher who do not take unagented submissions which is becoming more and more common these days.  I can't blame them.  Everyone, including me, thinks he or she has written the next great novel.  I'm hoping I'm the one, but we will see if it turns out that way. I think my writing is good.  I'm not sure anyone else will.

The second thing I can talk about is my attempts to get back into some semblance of shape other than round.  I have joined a gym, and currently, I am spending time swimming, walking, and using the exercise bike and tread mill.  I think I have already begun to lose some weight, but I have only just begun.  I'd like to lose 30 or 40 pounds, but I don't know if that's possible or not.

I have spent most of the day grading papers, and I need to do lesson plans for tomorrow but I am having a hard time getting myself geared up again for school work.

I guess I don't need to waste anymore time.  Good night, one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews