Saturday, January 5, 2013

Saturday's all right

It has been a good day for the most part although I don't like the way that the Green Bay Packers are kicking the Vikings around.  I figured the Vikings would at least put up a good fight.  I like the Packers, but I tend to root for the underdogs in playoff games.  I think we all like to see the Davids defeat the Goliaths occasionally.  To be perfectly honest, I don't really care who winds up in the Super Bowl this year.  To be even more perfectly honest, I couldn't even tell you all the teams who are in the playoffs this year.  I enjoyed watching the Rams, but I didn't reall follow anyone else.

I'm more interested in other things.  For instance, pitchers and catchers report for spring training in February.  I prefer baseball over football most of the time.  Also, Downton Abbey comes back on tomorrow.  Yes, I am more interested in that than football.  Does that make me a girlyman.  I just like to watch the character interaction in that show.

You know what's a shame?  I've not seen the Hobbit yet.  I want to watch the new -- is it 48 fps -- film version in 3-D.  One of my students said it gave her a headache to watch it.  I think it's one of those new techniques that will eventually revolutionize the movie industry when they know how to harness it correctly.  I admire Peter Jackson for experimenting with it.  He's not afraid of trying new things.

I'm afraid my laptop is dying on me.  I was trying to type on my novel and it froze up on me three different times.  I think it was because I was trying to download some music at the same time. I don't know, but it really annoyed the heck out of me.  I've done over 56,,500 words. I need to revise a lot but I do love the story, and I do believe it is the best thing I have ever done.  Tomorrow, if time allows, I will put up another excerpt.  I have gotten to the point in the story where Dean has been released from the mental hospital and he's in alternative school until he can hack it in the regular classroom.  Something is wrong with his sister Dee, but he has no clue what it is.  I'm actually on page 203.

I should get off this computer and do something constructive.  I have a book I'm reading, another YA novel called Stotan by Chris Krucher.  It's pretty good but it lacks the depth I have found in some other YA literature.  I also have Life of Pi that I started, but I've put on hold until I catch up on some other stuff.  My lit course is going to be reading One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and I'll also re-read it.  Hmmm.  Sounds like I have enough to keep me busy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews