Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Just a short post to say Hey

Hey.  Whazzup?  I went past the 63,000 mark in my novel.  Dee Knight is gone.  I'm not going to see any more than that.  When I get my three book deal and huge advance and Fall of Knight is published by a huge publisher, you'll just have to buy it to find out exactly what has happened to her and what will happen to Dean.  I think you'll find it delightful.  (In a weird kind of way -- then, again, the novel is about mental illness.)

Tonight is the first night my Composition II class meets.  I have 14 students in it, four of whom I know to one degree or another.  I think it will be an interesting class.  At least I hope so.  I am hoping these people are not afraid to talk.  I am hoping that they can write reasonably well.  I hope ... I hope ... I hope ...

School at North County is going well although I am still looking forward to retirement.  I hope that when I do retire I am in the midst of completing those three books some publisher gives me a contract for.  I have the beginning stirring of ideas for my other two, both of whom just might -- not decided for sure yet -- have Dean Knight as a character also.

I also like to write Middle Grade or Tween humor.  That's what Walt Michaels is a Weenie is about as is Rosetta Stone Diaries.  I wonder how far I would be as a writer if I knew then (30 years ago) what I know now.  Well, I should sign off.

Sorry, not incredibly exciting news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews