Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Relaxation without guilt.

I am sitting sipping on a cup of hot coffee and munching on the dwindling supply of leftover peanut butter fudge from Christmas.  It's still delicious.  Later, I intend to write.  As long as I am in the zone and don't have a lot of schoolwork to do, I'm going to write.  And write some more.  There will come a time -- I will predict somewhere around the beginning of February when the walls will once again close in, stifling my creativity.  I have about 10,000 words to go.  Today I started re-reading the first draft and fixing some minor issues.  It's about to blow up in my character's face -- in the proverbial tree so to speak with people loading up on rocks.

My character's world is going to crumble and take him down too.

I am trying very hard to write a realistic YA novel, and sometimes it gets to me even as I write it.  I am sure other writers have had difficulty writing their novels because the topic is so intense.  Mental illness is about as tense as it can get, especially when it strikes a kid.

I don't have any interesting new happening in my life. Classes start up again for MaC next week.  I only have one class this semester.  With 13 students last I checked, it has already made.  Comp 2.  Why do I do it to myself.

I need to read another good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews