Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Bowl Sunday

What's the big deal?  It really isn't a big deal for me.  I'm not going to any party.  I don't care specifically who wins, though I guess I am sort of rooting for the 49ers because they are in the Rams division, and I like the Ravens less.  I won't be eating wings or drinking beer.  I'll just be sitting here in the living room watching the game.  Not a very exciting life, I know.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm a little isolated from the mainstream.  I don't know why.  Maybe I'm just a little weird.  Maybe I just feel that way today for some reason. Sometimes I get a little wistful.  Also, I think I am feeling a little let-down since finishing the rough draft.  I read it all and outlined the scenes.  That's a good way to find the weaknesses in your manuscript, and I have found several weaknesses in the novel itself.  There's something to be said for outlining in advance, but to me, that destroys some of the fun.  I like to be free to go off in other directions.  The problem is I'm too lazy to go back and build the bridges to link some of those different directions together.

I am starting to think of what I would like to write next.  A few ideas have trickled into my brain.  I don't know if any of them are good or not.  I'm leaning towards doing a screenplay but my odds of selling a screenplay are next to nil, I'd say.  And I think, why do I waste my time writing them?  Am i trying to sell something or am i trying to write something I want to write. Everyone tells you that you should write what you want to write and take care of the publishing end of it later, but others say, write something that you feel as if you can publish somewhere.

Is there any use to even attempt writing something that will likely never see the light of day outside your own computer?  I have no clue.  Perhaps the fault is in my desires to publish when I should just fulfill my desires to write.  I think I have serious self esteem issues, so I am constantly trying to do some things -- things which might be beyone my ability to accomplish -- in order to prove myself.  When I don't get it done, my self esteem crashes.  That's the vicious cycle I live with my life.

It's just been a bad day.  I think I will sign off.  Don't read this if you are in a good mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews