Wednesday, January 17, 2018

In the Toilet




Now that I have your attention. Let me tell you about the unusual thing that happened last night. Frequently, I have bouts of insomnia. It's a little better than it used to be, but last night was one of those nights. After tossing and turning for what seemed like days, I was finally drifting off, but some kind of noise woke me up. I didn't think much of it because all houses settle and creak, and I was about half asleep.

This morning I got up and went into the bathroom.  There, in the toilet, was my little bag that had all of my beard-trimming stuff. I would like to say that it was empty, but it wasn't.  The trimmer, the accessories, all of it had fallen into the water.  My first thought was WTH! Then, of course, I removed it. I figured it was probably ruined, and even if it has sustained no internal damage, I decided that it would not be wise to keep it and plug it in later.  Now, my trimmer is in the trash.
I'm not sure how this happened, but as I looked for evidence, I found that the small cabinet door's magnet which enabled to stay closed had come off. I'm guessing the bag shifted, hit the door, and took the plunge.

As you know, I usually turn everything around to writing. I can't help wondering if figuratively speaking, the incident meant my writing was in the toilet. I could get more vulgar than that, but I won't. You can imagine.  Then I thought, maybe I'm supposed to trash all of my thoughts of doing something worthy of not only being published but attaining best-seller status. I'm probably reading too much into the situation, and the only meaning of my trimmer being in the toilet is that my trimmer is in the toilet. Still, at 59 and thinking seriously about giving up writing, I wonder.

Now, having said that, I would like to direct you to my kindle scout campaign to get my novel, Tongue Tied, published. Visitors to my page have lately been pretty scarce. Now, if that trend continues over the next ten day, which is how many days are left in my campaign, I can probably forget about the publishing contract.  What I'm hoping is that many people are doing as I'm doing and reading the books that are about to end their campaigns. If that's the case, then there is still time for people to vote.
Here's the link

Ten Days left to nominate my novel and convince Kindle Scout to publish it.

P.S. Southeast Missouri has had a couple of tremors the last week or so.  Perhaps we had a tremor that shook my trimmer into the toilet. Maybe that means that my writing is about to take off and shake up the publishing world. (Tremor and Trimmer -- must be a sign.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews