Monday, May 17, 2021

The Knight Has Ended


 The preorder links are


I am saying goodbye to an old friend who has been a big part of my life for about seven years. Dean Knight is the protagonist of the two novels pictured above. Dean has a mental illness, and bullies have targeted him for years. Drifting is the final book of the duo-logy. (Not sure if that's how you write it.) It is the best thing I have ever written. The person who formatted the book at my publishers thanked me for writing it and told me it was a powerful story and an amazing read. Her words moved me, and I hope that the book will make its way to your bookshelf and it will move you.

The biggest thing I would tell people who believe they might be depressed or have a mental illness is to go to see a doctor. It's no shame. I'm bipolar, and I have been seeing a psychiatrist for about 25 years or so. I would have either killed myself, been killed, or died in a horrible accident before now had I not gone to a doctor and started taking medication. Another thing I would say to both people who have a mental illness and their friends and family, is that sometimes a strong support system is the only thing that will save a person. These are the messages that I hope Drifting gives to all who read it.

I haven't written in this for a long time, but I'm not going to try to make up for it all in one entry. I'll just tell you that I keep on keeping on. I have had both of my Covid shots and I'm thrilled that things are opening up a little bit. I will still wear my mask on certain occasions.

I also would mention that my wife and I have finally found an inclusive church, one that accepts everyone. It is small which is disheartening. I hope that it's small numbers are because we live in a pretty small city and not that there are too many people who are not inclusive.

I'm still writing. Not so much books anymore, but I'm doing some screenplays. I have optioned one and sold another.

I'll write more at some other time, but right now, I will leave you with this.

There are times when the only way to find ourselves is to walk alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews