Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Meandering mind

I have a severe case of the meandering mind tonight.  I'm pretty sure it's because I forgot to take my meds this morning. That'll give you something to think about.

I have truly enjoyed the day.  We awoke to about three inches of a very pretty snowfall.  It wasn't the blizzard they predicted which is fine with me.  I don't do well with blizzards.  It made a nice backdrop to the many species of birds and squirrels who were visiting our bird feeder today.  They almost cleaned the whole thing out.  I guess the snow started before midnight so we can say officially that we had a white Christmas this year.

The one thing I did today was work on my novel Fall of Knight.  I did over 2,000 words today.  Now, I know that Stephen King does 2,000 words every day, but with my schedule I am lucky to get 2,000 done in a month.  It's hard to explain but every once in a while even us amateur writers -- those who still have to keep a day job -- get into a zone and the words flow.

Also, I did some reading today.  My second favorite pastime, something I don't get to enjoy as often when classes are in session and I'm grading hundreds of papers.  My book of choice is Beauty Queens by Libba Bray.  She wrote one of my favorite books Going Bovine.  I don't know quite how to deal with Beauty Queens.  It's hard to explain, and it's hard to explain that while I don't love it, I like it very much mostly.

Television like usual has been a wasteland tonight.  We put it on one of the classical music stations on dish and have listened to it while we've read and just enjoyed the evening.  My wife and I both love to read.  It's kind of nice to be able to sit quietly and do that.  Tomorrow, I can start worrying about school again and this upcoming semester.  I think it will be easier.

I don't have much exciting to say, so I will sign off.  I think I'm going to read more of my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews