Friday, December 28, 2012

Meandering Mind Part Deux

I have no idea if I have spelled Deux correctly or not.  If anyone in France reads this, he or she can tell me if I spelled 2 correctly.  I don't know why I'm writing for sure, but it seemed like the thing to do.  I need some fairly mindless entertainment since I spent the entire day with the exception of a few hours grading papers for my classes.  I am still not finished but I think I will be able to finish up tomorrow and put this semester to bed and start fresh on 2013.  I'm not going to bore you with all of my resolutions for the New Year.

As I have said before, I don't "resolve" to do anything.  I, the great jelly spine man, avoids commitment by saying,  "I would like to"

In 2013 I would like to finish my current novel and get it published with a formidable company and write my dystopian Young Adult (a la Hunger Games) screenplay and option it.  It's a fantasy and almost all fantasies are done by better known -- known at all -- screenwriters than I.  I originally wrote this screenplay as a novel, but, like me, it was bloated and out of shape and seemed to be bulging in all kinds of directions.  I attempted to girdle it by compressing it into a shorter, more concise form.  It is far from in shape, but it certainly is moving in the right direction.

Tongue Tied, which is the name of the screenplay, is in the simmering stage, meaning I have a very rough draft I'm sitting on and letting my subconscious, and in some cases unconscious, work on.  I have thought of some changes I need to make to it, but I still need to puzzle it out some.

As far as my novel goes, I had to do some school work today, so I didn't work on it.  I am going to work on it later, I think.  We'll see.  Sooner or later, I will post another excerpt from it.  They have been received well.  At least google has not yet taken my blogging license from me as of yet.

I am close to 10,000 hits on this blog, and I really would like to get there if at all possible.  It just might encourage me to continue on with this thing which has been rewarding at times and draining at other times.  The thing is when you come up with a blog, you feel obloged to keep writing in it in hopes that someone will read it and get something out of it.

I'm experimenting with twitter a little.  I have given my protagonist of my novel his own twitter page.  It is @writecrosswords if you want to look Dean up.  I want to drum some support and interest up for him when the time comes for me to publish my novel.  He's a bit crazy, but completely sympathetic.  I think you'd like him, maybe even be fascinated by the inner workings of his schizo-affective mind.  Before you go accusing me of being biased against the mentally ill, let me remind you that I myself suffer from cyclothymia.

Also, if you wish to purchase Lancelot and the Tides of Times you can get it for your kindle for 99 cents.  Go to: http://www.buckscountypublishing.com/portal/BookStore/LancelotandtheTidesofTime.aspx

I should go now and see if I can stir up any controversy on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews