Thursday, September 6, 2018

A thank you, and a plea.

Several people viewed my last post. I did make one mistake. Your views pushed me past 35,000 views, not 40,000. That's still a lot of views. I wonder though if some of those were some kind of bots or spam. I had not been averaging many views, and then suddenly I hit over 60 in one day. That's a little suspicious.

Oh, well, never mind. I'm participating in something I've never done before. It's called a pitch party, and it happens on Twitter. You put in a pitch about a book you are trying to sell, and if a publisher or agent likes your pitch, he or she or it will like your tweet and then you query.  It's actually kind of cool because it's a challenge to sum up an entire book in about 200 characters. Actually, I've heard and believe that if you can't encapsulate your book in one or two sentences, then it needs work.

However, since this is my first attempt, I have already made a costly mistake. You can tweet three times during the course of the day. I didn't think I was doing it right so I used two of my pitches within a few minutes of each other. Oh, well, I'll know better the next time this happens.

I have had one publisher request my material which is one more than I have lately. I filled out my query and I hope I made it interesting enough that they will want to see the entire book. The whole process is actually quite fun, a good experience, I think.

Now comes the plea part. I'd like to ask you to at least check out my books on my Amazon author page. I have several, some are young adult and some are middle-grade books. One is even a verse novel for young adult audiences. A few of them have been published before, but rights reverted back to me for various reasons, one of which was that the publisher who published one -- and had lined up another one of my books to publish -- went out of the business. This is fairly typical of my writing luck.

One other time, I had a producer who wanted to film one of my screenplays. We had gotten to the point we were talking about money, but at the last minute, he changed his mind.  AARRGH!

Anyway, I'm still at it, so take a peek at my page. I think there are some where you can even read a few pages. I would appreciate it.

Amazon Author's Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews