Monday, February 17, 2014

Blog because I still don't have my wits to do anything useful



I can't remember the last time I did this, wrote in my blog twice in one day.  I just happened to notice that I was approaching 16,000 views.  That surpasses my expectations for this blog.  I didn't think anyone would look at it when I first started it.

I am hoping that somewhere out of the blue with all of my social experiments online that I find a producer/publisher for my writing.  I am especially interested in selling screenplays.  I have been told by many people that I am a good writer.  Not just my family.  People in the business.

I am working on three or four projects at the moment.  I just finished the first draft of a screenplay.  It is an excellent supernatural, low-budget thriller.  I am in the midst of a great YA book I am writing.  Yes, I used the term great. I think it is.  I am getting ready to start the next draft of a romantic comedy which has been given some good coverage in the past.  I have let it set for a year or so and now I have a clear idea of where I want to go with it.

I am a writer, but I am getting older.  For the last couple of years, I have had the horrifying feeling that my writing days are numbered if I don't score some big sales.  I don't want to be one of these old guys who goes to writer's conferences and talks interminably about his latest project that no one is going to read anyway.

When I was young, I was annoyed by these people, but now, though I am still not old, I am definitely not young.  Is there a time when you just say, "I'm too old for this crap." ?  I don't want to delude myself nor do I want to give up.

Sorry, just thinking aloud.

Anyway, if you were one of the close to 16,000 people who looked at my blog.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews