Monday, June 17, 2013

B.S.U. (Boring status update)

Blogs are not supposed to be boring, but this one probably will be. I like to check in every once in a while, but that doesn't mean I have anything cool to say. Many things are going well, some not.  Typical life thing. A friend of mine, a fellow educator, and a wonderful human being died this morning. Kelly Burlison died this morning from heart problems, an issue that has dogged him for many years. Kelly is close to my age, maybe a couple years older. He's left a joke that can't be filled.

I haven't had any writing successes yet this summer, but I have been writing and sending out feelers. I am doing a screenplay about 30 percent finished, and I am on a final (for now) revision of a YA novel. The two are related, and I have thoroughly enjoyed the work. All else is on hold until I finish these, well, almost. I am doing some poetry. Long story there, but I want to do even more.

I am teaching two classes at the Fredericktown outreach center: they meet from 4 to 9:20 on Monday and Wednesday. Both are going well.

That is an abbreviated update. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews