Saturday, May 18, 2013

Aren't You Glad It's Summer.

Remember a few months ago -- that white stuff on the ground.  It's gone.  Everything is green and growing.  The temperatures are warm, and the St. Louis Cardinals have the best record in baseball.  BooYAH!  I'm watching them -- sort of -- tonight against the Brewers.  Another one of their young pitchers has come on in relief and thrown bullets.  Cardinals tied the game by stringing a bunch of hits together after two outs.  At this point, Martinez has 22 pitches and 14 have been 96 mph or above.  I don't know exactly what that is for kmh but it's fast believe me.

I am going to put down a few goals for the summer.  I want to finish revising my YA novel and complete the screenplay I want to base on it.  It won't be exactly the same, but it will be similar.  I don't know if this is a good approach or not, but one of the things I have discovered is I make my fiction better when I also try to write it in script form.  It keeps my prose from being bloated.  I am bloated; I don't want my prose to be.

That's another goal for the summer; to get in shape.  I have been working out regularly, but I'm not controlling my eating well enough.  I am getting toner, but I'm not getting slimmer.  I have not officially lost any weight but I have gained some muscle.  I can tell because some the loose skin on my arms and legs has tightened up.  I try to do some form of cardiac, at least a half hour of treadmill, track, or glider and a half hour of weight training each time I go to the gym.  It pays off.

Now, for the Cardinals game, Rosenthal is in.  He just threw one at 98 mph.  We have a guy in the AAA farm club who would be starting for almost every other major league team at the moment, but there's no room for him in St. Louis.  At least there wasn't.  Today, Jaimie Garcia joined Chris Carpenter and Jake Westbrook on the disabled list.

I'm signed up to teach two classes this summer.  One has already made.  The other is sketchy.  It's at four I think and needs to have eight.  Of course there are always students who sign up at the last minute so both classes might make.  The one that has already made meets Monday from 4 to 9:20.  The other one, if it makes, will be the same time on Wednesday.

I don't have any other plans for the summer, though I would like to catch up on some reading.  That's all for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews