Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Stress is one short step from insanity

Stress.  Yuck.  You can tell that I am stressed when the only way I have been able to unwind from the day is by teaching a night class tonight.  Either I'm stressed, or I'm a geek.  Take your pick.  Maybe I am a stressed geek.  That's me. 

No, North County is doing its play, and I'm working on some of the technical stuff. Our sound system went out right before practice tonight -- before I had to leave to come here to teach.  I'm hoping it is just a wire.  I'm more than hoping; I'm praying because I am no electrician, and if there is something wrong with the sound system we will have to do without sound effects.

I have just two night classes (including tonight) left before the semester is over, and just about one and a half weeks before my seniors at North County graduate.  I am behind as usual.  I'm also about to go nuts because I haven't written anything in ages.  I'm trying to market some material I already have.  So far, no luck.

Meanwhile, my yard is an absolute jungle because I have not been able to finish cutting it, and I don't know if I will have time this weekend.  After Sunday, some of the stress will be gone.  The play will be over.  This is what I can look forward to.  Then, a few weeks after that, my summer class starts.

Well, I have vented a little bit, so I am now going to sign off and get my students onto their debate.  We are doing an informal debate on stem cell research.  They found an article that told about a little girl who had a new windpipe grown from her own stem cells extracted from her hip.  That's amazing.

I'll write again soon.  Thanks for all of you who keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews