Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Fear of Flying



Don't forgo the thrill of flying for worrying too much about the fear of falling. #crossbytes
I didn't fly until I was well past 50. To tell the truth, I was just a little bit afraid to. Then things changed. I flew to New York City, Las Vegas, and Puerto Rico. I love it. If I ever have to go anywhere of any distance, this old man is going to be flying. Now, I don't know if I would have flown any sooner in my lifetime had I known what I know now, but that's not really the point of this blog.
I know that there have been numerous times in my life and I'm guessing yours too, when I have not even tried to do something because I thought I would fail. I don't know where my life would be now if I had been a little more courageous and a little more assertive. Dead maybe.  Like I said, I don't know.  I do know that it's not too late.
I receive several email newsletters daily having to do with all kinds of writing.  Today, I just happened to receive one of the many screenwriting letters I get and in it there was a notice from a producer who was looking for a screenplay. I happen to have one I've written that fits the needs of this one almost perfectly. I hesitated because I've had no luck with screenplays-- although this one did finish in the top ten of the comedy category of one contest I entered it in. I decided that I had nothing to lose by sending a query. I might fall anyway, but I know I'm going to fall if I don't send it at all. So I'd appreciate it if some of my friends thought about my efforts and send me some prayers or good vibes or something.
Living in Missouri makes it hard to be a screenwriter, and I often wish I had some connections in Hollywood, but I don't. Still, I like writing screenplays and though I may never get off the ground with one, I am going to keep writing them.
Back to my crossbyte. You can't live your live fearing failure.  The only failure is a life not lived.  Even if something doesn't go the way you want it to, there is always a lesson to be learned that might make your next effort a success.
If any of you would like to read more of my crossbytes go to Twitter and do a search for #crossbytes or #crossbyte. There might just be one of them that is speaking to you. And if there is, let me know.  Someone told me that one of my crossbytes was exactly what she needed to hear. I told her that I was glad it spoke to her.  She said it spoke volumes.
Stay tuned. As soon as I can, I think I am going to lower the price of Walt Michaels to see if I can sell more.  I'm getting a better idea of what people are willing to pay for something like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews