Wednesday, October 1, 2014

An update of sorts

I can't help feeling a little stressed at the moment for several reasons, the biggest being that I am absolutely overwhelmed with tasks I must complete and underwhelmed with the time to complete them.  Alas, I do realize that I am not the only person in this world who experiences this issue.

I am getting a YA novel published through Booktrope. It is a different kind of program, and I am feeling my way through it at the moment.  Currently, I am trying to hook up with the right editor, book manager, and other team members.  I don't think serious work will begin on the actual editing and so forth for another month or so.  I look forward to working with some talented people and building some relationships.  I'm not sure how successful the venture will be, but I'm hoping it will work out for all involved.

In one way, it isn't such a bad thing that the hard work will not get underway in earnest for a month or two because we have sold our house and will probably be moving in about a month.  I think our moving date is going to be November 1.  We are downsizing because we hope to retire in a year and a half.  When we do retire, I hope that I have enough of my mind left to write full time, and yes, publish consistently.  My goal is still to break into screenwriting.

Just a few short items before I get into something more interesting.  The Cardinals are in the playoffs again.  They will meet the Dodgers in round one.  The winner of that match meets the winner of what looks like the Giants against the Washington nationals.  I think the Dodgers will go to the World Series this year.  In the Amercian league the Kansas City Royals -- no, I did not stutter -- will take on the Angels, and in the other playoff, it will be the Tigers versus the Orioles.  I think we will have an all California World Series with the Angels winning the American league.  However, it would be pretty cool to have an all Missouri World Series.

Finally something very exciting might happen in my writing career this spring.  I'll fill everyone in on the details as they become available.

I wrote a crossbyte which said essentially, that you should be the person who works so hard that you give out and not the person who is so cowardly you give in.

I tell my students that if a thing is not challenging it's not really worth doing. I know that's a bit of an exaggeration, but not by much.  We don't grow if we are not challenged, and we should not fear to meet challenges.  I have been less that courageous at times in my life, but when I have fully committed to something I do not give up.  And there are times probably when I should have.  Especially in relation to my writing.

I'll end with another bit of sports gossip.  There's a rumor that after the superbowl, there will be an announcement saying that the St. Louis Rams will be moving to Los Angeles.  It would not surprise me if this happened.  Kroenke is going to go where there's money since he is so poor and doesn't have much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews