Friday, May 18, 2012

New blog: first in over a week.



I said I wasn't going to spend much time blogging anymore -- just when I had something interesting to say.  I have a few things I want to talk about.  Feel free to ignore.

It was the last day of school today.  At this moment, in fact, the North County Raider Class of 2012 is getting ready to graduate.  I'm not sure exactly when they start -- probably eight.  I'm not there.  I really feel kind of sad and didn't know how well I could take it.  It has been a hard year for me and for my family.  I don't have a good handle on my emotions, and I've been trying to avoid emotional events as much as I can.  But it's not really going to stop because my daughter is getting married next weekend.  Don't get me wrong; I couldn't be happier for her.  It's just hard to believe that my baby is getting married.

I don't know.  I guess I'll be fine, but as I said, I just feel a little shaky with the year we've had.  I wish my mom could have been here to see Megan get married, but she will be with us in spirit.

I have about a week off before my night classes for CMU start.  I'm teaching Tuesday and Thursday from 5 to 11 providing both classes make.  It's not looking good for either right now.  One has two in it and the other, four.  They want to have at least ten in each class.  So, I may not be teaching this summer.  It will be the first time for a long time that I have not if that's the way it turns out to be.

I did fill out an application with Pearson Educational to grade ACT essays.  I think I could do that.  It's part time, and when you're working, the pay is pretty good.  I hope it's not a mistake.

I have been thinking about making some changes in my life.  My goal is to lose 20 pounds this summer.  I think I can do that; I think I have to.  I weigh more than I ever have.   I was looking at getting a different teaching job and even interviewed at Central High School.  It went well, but they went with someone else.  I'm guessing that in today's economy, I was just too expensive with my experience.  That simple fact may keep me from getting any different job.  If that's the case though, I will contentedly fill out my teaching time at North County.  We're getting a new principal next year.  Though I hate to see John go, I know the new guy coming in, and I like him too.  There won't be much of a change I don't think.  Who knows though?  As far as jobs go, there might be other options out there.  My one goal remains to be a full-time instructor at a college.

I read Bridge to Terabithia this past week.  I saw the film again and wondered how the book compared.  The book was fabulous, but I actually liked the film better, and it was all because of the girl who played Leslie.  The movie portrayal was much more interesting to me.

Well, when I cut down on my blogging, I started more writing in my journal.  I enjoy that.  I also enjoyed -- a long time ago -- writing poetry.  I think I'm going to write some this summer.  In order to journal, write poetry, and work on my other projects; I need to get off here for a while.  So I am.  Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews